Welcome to the conference
Iron Ore 2019 is the latest in the well-established and very successful AusIMM international iron ore conference series and will be held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre on 22-24 July 2019. The conference will once again cover the latest developments in the genesis, geology, exploration, mining and processing of iron ores, including new projects and market outlook. As on previous occasions, the conference is being jointly organised by The AusIMM and CSIRO. The theme of the conference is “Optimising Value”.
- Exploration, including ore genesis, geology, geophysics and geochemistry.
- Geostatistics and ore reserve estimation covering geostatistical methods and reporting requirements.
- Ore characterisation, including classification, mineralogy, petrology and geometallurgy at regional, mine and orebody scale.
- Mining, including all aspects from pit design and optimisation to blasting, ore haulage and grade reconciliation.
- Processing, including materials handling, crushing, screening, grinding, beneficiation, dewatering, filtration, tailings disposal, granulation, sintering, pelletising and value adding.
- Automation, including process control, autonomous vehicles, drones and remote operation.
- Project optimisation and development, including cost reduction and debottlenecking.
- Health, safety, environment and community, including regulatory, environmental, heritage, community, reducing emissions and carbon footprint, water conservation, mine rehabilitation, mine closure and safety issues.
- Technical marketing, including market outlook and the impact of product quality on iron and steel making.
- Logistics and utilities, including road, rail, shipping, port, pumping, water, gas and electricity supply.
- New equipment, including development, performance and industry needs.
All AusIMM conferences feature
Your chance to engage with industry peers and international companies.
Presentations by leading industry figures with opportunities to interact.
A truly global gathering of resource industry professionals.
Attend world-class workshops and technical talks to earn PD hours.